The MOS Blackpack is our most durable backpack with many features to keep your gadgets organized and protected. When used in combination with a "MOS Reach" power adapter you are able to plug in all your devices to a single outlet without having to take them out of the Blackpack.
Unexpanded: 31 cm by 46 cm by 18 cm when full (Excluding the straps)
Expanded: 31 cm by 46 cm by 23 cm.
MOS Blackpack vs. MOS Pack GRANDE
|Exterior||1680D Ballistic Nylon||300D Polyester, 1000D Nylon Bottom|
|Water Bottle Support||32 oz||40 oz|
|Rain Fly||Built-in||No Rain Fly|
|Warranty||5 yrs||5 yrs|
Stronger Sunglasses Case
We wanted to get an idea of how protective the new case inside the Blackpack is. Do not try this at home.
- NEW: Greatly improved top handle to withstand heavy loads and sudden impacts while still being comfortable to grab.
- NEW: External Water bottle pocket that is easier to use when your bag is full. There is a matching cable pocket on the other side. They are 30 cm tall. They have a diameter of 8 cm at the bottom and narrow gradually towards the top, reaching a diameter of 7 cm at about 22 cm in height.
- Slightly larger laptop pocket to better fit most 15.6” laptops
- Slightly wider and much stronger sunglasses pouch. This should allow you to put most phones in the quick access pocket and help it to protrude less into the main pocket. It is also super crush resistant and shatter resistant.
- About 10 cm longer straps to better accommodate larger shoulders
- Three additional Mesh Pockets in the main outer pocket. Dimensions One pocket at 29cm X10.5cm Two pockets at 14cm x 8.5cm
1st Year - Full Coverage
Full coverage for any manufacturer defects or damage from normal wear and tear or transit damage to the BLACKPACK. With limited exceptions MOS will replace or repair the BLACKPACK and pay shipping costs within the US. This does not include cosmetic only damage (such as scratches or stains on the fabric), damage from abuse, or damage to or loss of the bag's contents, loss of use of the bag or similar expenses.
5 Years - Coverage for manufacturer defects and product failures
Coverage for any manufacturer defects or product failures from normal use. These might include zipper failures, seams splitting, or handle or straps detaching. With limited exceptions MOS will replace or repair the BLACKPACK. This does not include damage from transit or damage not related to a failure in workmanship or materials. It also does not include cosmetic only damage, damage from abuse, or damage to or loss of the bag's contents, loss of use of the bag or similar expenses.
I was wrong. The quality of workmanship is impeccable and the expanse of storage is impressive.
I especially love the approach to build cable management into the backpack.
However, given that the Blackpack is your best, I'm disappointed with two things and wish there was another feature:
- It bothers me that the hard case in the small top zipper is so large. It really displaces the rest of the bag. I want to take it out but it's super useful.
- I just don't know why they didn't go all the way on cable management. The two black velcro pieces on just ONE side seems odd. I am REALLY disappointed that there isn't more of that around the inner wall. More of the orange elastic, too! And the lock strap for just one of the elastic meshes seems lazy, especially given that my order came with a power adapter. I've needed to hack my way to stop my laptop's adapter from coming loose.
I also wish they had an opening so I could use my phone when charging from a battery in the pack.
Even though I really do love it, I was going to rate it a 4. In the end, after writing this and realizing how frustrated I was, I bumped it to a 3
I love my new blackpack. I use it everyday. Charging a battery, laptop, phone, and other gadgets is awesome. If they make a v2, I would add the ability to have the charger come out either water-bottle pocket, as well as add the velcro for the charger to both sides, allowing for some more flexibility. As well, a pass-through for the sunglasses pocket and front pocket on both sides would be a plus
I was expecting the water bottle pocket that I saw in the video. The one on this new iteration of the black pack has a sorry excuse for a water bottle holder. The water bottle I have is too big for it and I also carry around a tumbler for when I drink coffee that also won't fit in there. Not everybody has a skinny tall water bottles for this pocket and I hate to have to buy a new one just to use the pocket. I have no pockets to put my water bottle in so I'll have to continue to carry it in my coat pocket which is very. Other than that I love the backpack but make sure you read description and don't rely on the video I'll most likely update if there's a need to.
MOS Blackpack - The Best Backpack We Make!
MOS Blackpack - The Best Backpack We Make!