This is the BLACKPACK exactly as seen in the video. Pre-production BLACKPACKS are already here and shipping. Note: This version does not fit 15.6” Laptops, it only supports up to 15" laptops. If you have a 15.6" Laptop check out the Early Bird Production BLACKPACK.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BLACKPACK AND MOS PACK GRANDE?
Short answer: The GRANDE is a LOT bigger. The BLACKPACK is made with higher-quality materials and has a built-in rain fly.
- The GRANDE can be expanded up to 40 L when compared to the 27 L max size of the BLACKPACK.
- The GRANDE has a 300D Nylon colored exterior and 1000D Nylon bottom which is very durable. The BLACKPACK has a 1680D Ballistic Nylon exterior which is even more durable and provides more abrasion and tear resistance.
- The GRANDE can fit up to a 17" laptop compared to a 15" laptop for the BLACKPACK.
- The GRANDE can fit up to a 40 oz water bottle compared to a 32 oz for the BLACKPACK.
- The Ripstop nylon interior of the BLACKPACK has the added benefit of being water resistant.
- The BLACKPACK has a built-in rain fly that provides extra padding for your electronics when not in use. The GRANDE does not.
- Only the sternum strap on the BLACKPACK is removable.
- Mounting for the REACH C and REACH+ power adapters.
- Large tablet pockets that will fit a 12" MacBook.
- Hard-shelled quick access pocket, passport pocket, cell phone pocket, cable management, breathable back panels, EVA foam straps, YKK Vislon zippers, and Hypalon zipper pulls.
- 5-year warranty.
Only had it a couple days, but when I first packed it, I was impressed how well it matched they way I organize things. Glad I bought it.
I shopped around for a replacement laptop after using the same old Dell laptop bag for ~5 years it was starting to show wear and tear. I saw this bag featured on the WAN show by Linus Tech Tips, and figured I would give it a try. It's immediately much more comfortable than my previous bag, and the built in cable and device management makes finding things in the bag much nicer. It's definitely a huge improvement for me. If I can, I will revisit this review in a few months once I have more experiences using this bag and see how I feel after having used this for a while.
I have had the backpack for only a few weeks, but so far it seems nice and durable.
I was attracted by the wonderful design and better quality of this version of MOS backpack. The zips are smooth, material are tough, and inner structures are well organized. However, the top part of the back pad is solid, just snapped onto my shoulder blade, causing uncomfortable when carrying it fully loaded. And the center of gravity (in the expansion mode) leans back, making it feels more heavy. I suggest you to change the style of back connector to makes it feel better.
After all, this blackpack is a masterpiece of design and worth the price!
Well spaced out. Easy to compartmentalize. Probably not the best for my work but much better than what already had. Need to see how much of a beating it can take now. If it can hold put for 2 years or more, I'll most likely get another in the future.